The recent craze of Atkins and Paleo diets have scare mongered many people into thinking they should avoid carbs. But this is far from the truth, especially if you're a fitness fanatic. Carbohydrates give you the energy you need to work out longer and harder, helping you build muscle and recover well.
1.5 hours before your workout, eat a serving of brown rice, porridge oats or quinoa. Or try these Simple Sweet Potato Chips. You can cook these in advance and take them to work with you so they're ready when you need them.
Simple Sweet Potato Chips
Makes 2-3 servings
- 2 large sweet potatoes, slices into even sized chip shapes
- 1 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (or your choice of herbs and spices)
- Large pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C fan
- Pop everything onto a lined baking tray
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the edges start to brown