Having fasted through the night your body needs a good dose of nutrients to get it going for the day.
If you’re tackling a gym session first thing, try a banana with a tbsp of peanut or almond butter or some cottage cheese on oat or rice cakes. Eggs are a great option if your workout is later in the morning or at lunchtime, and these Easy Egg Muffins are super easy as well as being packed with protein and healthy fats.
Easy Egg Muffins
- 1 courgette, grated (a heaping cup)
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup kale, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut oil for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C fan
- Put the grated courgette into the cheese cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as you can
- Place the courgette and all other ingredients into a bowl and mix well until combined
- Grease your mini muffin tray with a little oil (I use coconut as it you can use it at a high heat)
- Evenly divide the mixture across the muffin tray (they should be full)
- Pop them into the oven for 16-18 minutes until golden brown on top
Try mixing up the veggies you put inside the muffins. Try adding pre-cooked mushrooms and peppers, or go Mediterranean with sun dried tomatoes and feta in place of the cheddar. Let me know in the comments which combo you go for!