This is a take on a recipe a friend gave me when Jasper started weaning. The original is simply one sweet potato, one tin of tuna and one egg. This is perfect for the 6 month age mark when your little one is starting their adventure into the world of real food, but as they get older they' seem to enjoy more flavoursome food. o feel free to stick to the original if you want to keep it simple, or check out my recipe below with lots of extra yummy flavours and of course the nutrients that come with them.
Tuna Sweet Potato Bites
Gluten free, diary free, sugar free (contains egg)
Makes approx 36 alls
- Potato masher
- Lined baking tray
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/2 cup carrots,
- 1 tin tuna
- 1 egg
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup (small handful) of coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C fan
- Steam your sweet potato and carrots and allow to sit for a while so the steam releases (otherwise your bites will be too sloppy)
- Mash your sweet potato and carrot, then add in the rest of the ingredients and form into small balls
- Pop them on a lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until they just start to brown
These really are so easy and Jasper adores them. They also freeze really well (winner). I tend to bag mine up 4 at a time, then just take them out the freezer the morning I need them.
As with all my recipes you can add your own twist, so let me know in the comments what you try.
If you like these you may also like my courgette and kale mini egg muffins.