When I'm in the mood for something healthy and light but super tasty, this herb baked fish wins every time. Buying a good quality fish is key so check out your local fish monger or go to the fish counter at your local supermarket rather than buying something pre-packaged.
You can make this with pretty much any fish, but my favourite is sea bream or sea bass. They both have a lovely delicate flavour and remind me of being on holiday. The herbs add another dimension to the dish although I also love these fish baked simply with a little lemon juice and salt and pepper.
Simple Herb Baked Fish
- 2 fillets of sea bream or sea bass
- Drizzle rapeseed oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped herbs (choose your favourite, but I mostly use coriander and parsely)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan
- Pop the fish on a lined baking tray, skin side down
- Drizzle over the oil and lemon juice, then sprinkle on the herbs
- Pop the fish in the oven for 6-10 minutes depending on the size of the fillets
- Serve it with Asian Style Roasted Veg, Sweet Potato Fries or salad of your choice
The simplicity and quick cooking of this dish makes it a regular in our house, so I hope you enjoy it too.
Abi Manders is a mum, health coach, yoga teacher, business woman and complete and utter foodie. In a previous life Abi ran global corporate events, operated at a million miles an hour and used yoga to find balance in this crazy world we live in. Since having her little boy and studying with the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, her journey has veered towards a healthier way of living. Abi believes we all have the power to heal ourselves, and that one step at a time we can make small changes to our diets and lifestyle that will have big effects on our health and happiness.