Not only are sweet potatoes a nutritional power house, they're a great option when you're craving something sweet and don't want to reach for the chocolate.
These chips get made in my house a few times a week, some with just a sprinkle of salt, others with dried rosemary or thyme, or a little sweet smoked paprika. Today it was ground cumin.
I made this particular batch to go with some courgette and kale mini egg muffins, but you could serve them with simple herb baked fish, your favourite curry, salad or anything for that matter!
Sweet Potato Chips
Serves 2-3 adults or 4-6 little people, depending on the size of your potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, slices into even sized chip shapes
- 1 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin (or your choice of herbs and spices)
- Large pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C fan
- Pop everything onto a lined baking tray
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the edges start to brown
They're that easy!
And because they're so simple they're a fab option when my brain is too tired to think about what to cook. Winner!
Give them a go and let me know what flavours you add to yours, I'm always looking for inspiration!